Steel Crane Buildings
Steel Building Canada has the experience and knowledge to design and fabricate industrial steel buildings with integrated overhead crane systems to assist with material handling and moving heavy loads. Our clear span design capabilities allow for uninterrupted and unobstructed spaces so manufacturing, material handling, and assembly spaces can all be strategically arranged to optimize workflow patterns and business operation needs. Our industrial steel crane buildings are assembled with a heavy-duty primary framing system that can adequately support extremely heavy overhead crane systems as well as mezzanines and multi-floor designs.
When it comes to metal buildings with overhead cranes, steel is the only construction material with the strength‑to‑weight ratio to get the job done. Before we begin planning your industrial steel building, we will consider your overhead crane specifications, the span of the crane, and space or distance your crane needs to cover within the building. Afterward, we will account for the combined weight of the crane system and the crane’s maximum load capacity before custom engineering your steel building. In some cases, we can also reduce or eliminate the need for independent crane columns, which will save you space and money.
Whether you need a steel production plant utilizing the heaviest crane or a warehouse that needs a multi-crane system, Steel Building Canada can design and deliver an extremely strong and durable industrial steel crane building. Our steel metal buildings with overhead cranes provide solutions to help you relocate heavy loads from one location within a building to another without compromising structural integrity.
Steel Building Canada can design and fabricate industrial steel buildings that support various types and sizes of cranes, including:
- Underhung bridge crane
- Top-running bridge crane
- Monorail crane
- Column-mounted jib cranes
Applications of Steel Crane Buildings
We can design and deliver various types of metal buildings with overhead cranes, including the following:
- Fabrication shop
- Distribution facility
- Warehouse facility
- Processing plant
- Metal manufacturing plant
- Pipe production
- Storage facility
- Heavy equipment facility
- Automotive factory
- Power plant
Benefits of Steel Crane Buildings
Pre-engineered metal buildings offer the best value and smartest solutions for all your industrial steel crane buildings.
- Cost Savings—Our prefab metal buildings offer numerous short- and long-term economic advantages. They also reduce loss and damage due to environmental exposure and hazards. Metal buildings provide increased longevity and are virtually trouble and maintenance-free.
- Clear Span Capabilities—Clear span capabilities of our steel buildings make them ideal to accommodate large overhead cranes. Because of the strength of steel framing, our metal building systems offer up to 300 feet of column-free space that supports both the crane system and heavy material loads.
- Design Flexibility and Adaptability—Our industrial metal crane buildings offer superior architectural and design flexibility to accommodate all your building needs and requirements. We offer numerous customizable design options that offer ease of expansion when more space is required or reconfiguring is necessary to accommodate requirement changes and needs.
- Long-life and Low Maintenance—Steel offers superior strength and durability. Our steel crane buildings withstand harsh environments and weather conditions while maintaining its structural integrity for the safety and protection of your congregation. Their low maintenance design translates to cost savings over the long life of your building.
- Speed of Construction—Our pre-engineered metal building kits are quick and easy to assemble. Building components are engineered for your project using our advanced technology and are ready to be installed when they arrive at the construction site. This increases the project’s speed to market and lowers the in-place cost.
- Eco-Friendly, Highly Sustainable Option—Compared to traditional building materials, steel is a highly sustainable option. Also, our buildings are adaptable to energy-efficient insulation systems that allow you to reduce energy costs and provide a safe air environment to protect all your value assets.
- Attractive Appearance. We pride ourselves in designing metal buildings that are both attractive and economical. Our building specialists have a wealth of ideas and suggestions to ensure you get a building that meets both your aesthetic and functional needs at an affordable price.
Advantages of Our Steel Buildings
- Faster construction
- Durability and long-lasting service life
- Lower energy costs
- Full compliance with state and local codes
- Lower maintenance that reduces most of ownership
- Lower insurance costs
- Attractive appearance
- Design versatility and flexibility
- Eco-friendly and sustainable