Steel Museum Buildings
For over 40 years, Steel Building Canada has been designing and delivering cost-effective and durable museum metal building solutions. Our prefabricated metal buildings for museums are extremely cost-effective solutions because our framing system comes pre-engineered and ready for assembly when it arrives on the construction site. The short build time saves both time and money so you can get your museum up and running in no time!
Steel museum buildings offer superior overall building strength and durability compared to other material types. Our metal buildings offer a “Class A” Fire Rating for added protection in case of a fire and can help lower insurance costs. They are engineered to withstand harsh weather conditions, such as strong winds, heavy snow, thunderstorms, and extreme temperatures.
Compared to traditional wood framing, our kits are manufactured with non-combustible materials that require virtually no maintenance and are easy to clean. This provides long-term savings on operating, repair, and maintenance costs. Overall, museum steel buildings offer a superior return on investment that provides long-term savings and benefits so you to put more money back into running your museum.
Let Steel Building Canada create a museum metal building that meets all your building needs, including new construction, remodeling, and expansion!
Why Steel Buildings for Museums?
Besides cost, one of the main reasons why our steel building kits are used for museums is because of the clear span and open design options. Because interiors are free of columns, supports, and other obstructions, we can offer wide-open floor plans that are entirely customizable. Our museum metal buildings are assembled with a heavy-duty primary framing system that can adequately support hanging heavy objects for space-saving displays and mezzanines for multi-level exhibits. Finally, the design flexibility allows you to add the various rooms you desire in your museum, including exhibit rooms and halls, lobby, gift shop, auditorium, lounges, common areas, and much more. All these beneficial features allow you to maximize your space to display your collections and exhibits.
Another reason people are using steel museum buildings is because they can easily be climate-controlled, which is important for storing and protecting collections of great value. We offer a multitude of interior and exterior options that help regulate the temperature and humidity levels to protect the valuable museum exhibits from degrading, including the prevention of fabrics and papers from yellowing. Our climate-controlled museum metal buildings are also dust, mildew, mold, and pest-resistant to offer the highest levels of protection and preservation for every type of museum. Finally, steel museum buildings offer excellent thermal efficiency to help save on energy costs.
a leader in the building industry for over 35 years
Benefits of Utilizing Steel Buildings for Museums
Our steel buildings are designed according to use, which means we can implement all of the custom components that your museum requires. The following are some of the benefits of our metal museum buildings:
- Cost Savings—Our pre-engineered commercial steel buildings offer numerous short- and long-term economic advantages. They can offer as much as 50 percent cost savings over buildings made from traditional materials. Also, metal buildings provide increased longevity and are virtually maintenance-free.
- Versatility—Our adjustable pre-engineered steel panels allow you to change the size of each unit as per individual requirements. Also, they offer ease of expansion when more space is required and can be reconfigured to accommodate changes in business growth and needs.
- Reliability and Durability—Compared to other building materials, steel offers superior strength and durability. Our steel retail buildings can withstand extreme weather and conditions while retaining their structural integrity, aesthetic appeal, and value for many decades. Their low maintenance design translates to cost savings over the long life of your building.
- Design Flexibility—Offer superior architectural and design flexibility to meet a wide range of restaurant building applications. We offer numerous customizable design options, including a variety of exterior and interior options.
- Environmentally Sustainable Option—Compared to traditional building materials, steel is a highly sustainable option. Also, our buildings are adaptable to energy-efficient insulation systems that allow you to reduce energy costs.
- Clear-Span Capabilities—Clear-span capabilities of our steel buildings allow you to maximize valuable dining space. This also allows for ultimate floor plan flexibility with virtually limitless possibilities without regard to load-bearing walls and interior support columns.
- Attractive Appearance. We pride ourselves in designing metal buildings that are both attractive and economical. Our building specialists have a wealth of ideas and suggestions to ensure you get a building that meets both your aesthetic and functional needs at an affordable price.
Types Of Steel Museum Buildings
Prefabricated metal buildings for museums offer the best value and smartest solutions for all your museum building needs.
- Art museum
- Archaeology museum
- History museum
- Natural history museum
- Military and war museum
- Maritime museum
- Open-air museum
- Science museum
- Libraries and collections
Why Choose Steel Building Canada?
As an A660 certified company with over 40 years of experience, Steel Building Canada is one of the most trusted names in the pre-engineered steel building industry. We are your single-source solution for all your metal building needs, including consultation, planning, designing, construction, and remodeling. Our dedicated team of project managers, draftsmen, engineers, and fabrication specialists has the experience and expertise to design a steel building to meet the needs and requirements of any application. Contact our experienced team to begin customizing a long-lasting, versatile, and economical solution to fit your steel museum building needs.